Our Butter Chicken
with our Indian Curry Paste, and Tomato Passata
- 900g skin off whole chicken thighs
- 150g yoghurt
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp chilli powder •optional•
- 1 Tsp sweet paprika •for colour, optional•
- 1 jar Church Farm Indian Curry Paste
- 1 jar Church Farm Tomato Passata
- 50g butter or ghee
- 50g cream
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Mix the yoghurt with half a jar of Church Farm Indian Curry Paste and the salt to make a marinade. Add the chilli powder if you want it a bit hotter, and the sweet paprika to increase the red colour. In a bowl combine the chicken thighs with the marinade and leave for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an oven grill to high heat. Lay chicken on a baking tray and grill each side until cooked through and browned and blackened in spots. Remove and let cool and chop into bite sized pieces, retaining the pan juices.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Heat the remaining Church Farm Indian Curry Paste in a saucepan and add the Church Farm Tomato Passata. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the butter and cream and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Not for too hot or long as the butter may split. Add the chicken with the pan juices and stir to combine. Stir through chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice, naan and streamed greens.