with our Tomato Passata
- 2 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1500g jar Church Farm Tomato Passata
- Bunch of basil, torn
- Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Flour for dusting, seasoned with salt and pepper (omit for GF)
- Lightly dust the eggplant with seasoned flour, shaking off any excess, then fry them in olive oil each side until lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spoon a small amount of Church Farm Tomato Passata into the bottom of a baking dish and spread it around.
- Next add one layer of eggplant to the dish followed by a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, cubes of mozzarella, basil leaves and a couple of spoons of Church Farm Tomato Passata. Continue with the next layer until you have one top layer left.
- For the top layer, spoon over the remaining Church Farm Tomato Passata and top with parmesan and mozzarella. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until nice and golden and bubbling on top.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.